Need help recovering data from pool

floki2019

Cadet
Hello,

I am new to TrueNAS and ZFS in general.

1. I have been using a home built TrueNAS Scale setup for a couple years now, but recently my server has been shut down and I haven't been using it.
2. I recently acquired a Dell R730 server which I planned to set up with ESXi, install TrueNAS Scale on that and move all my data from the old server to the new.
3. When I went to fire up my old server to start migrating the data, it hung for about 15 minutes on import zfs pool. Eventually TrueNAS GUI came up, but I had no data/pools showing, and the UI would start hanging and not responding. I tried restarting several times and the same thing occurred each time.
a. A note here: I noticed the CMOS battery seemed to be dead, so I replaced that, but didn't change behavior
4. I decided to try installing TrueNAS Scale on a new boot drive to see if I could mount the ZFS pool on a new TrueNAS install. I also switched computer boxes, thinking maybe the motherboard on my old computer was shot.
a. I did that and attempted to import the pool on the new install, but that import seems to be hanging also. I let it run overnight, its still running, and no progress has been made on the progress bar. The pool DID show in the GUI when selecting what to import, which I think is good sign that at least my hard drives aren't damaged or something

The bottom line is, I just want to get my data off these drives one way or another so I can: a) Not lose all my data, and, b) Ideally import all the data into my new server TrueNAS instance.

Can someone please help me? I've read that maybe running some commands to mount the pool in readonly would work, but i'm not sure if that's the best approach or even how you run commands in context of my setup.

Details on my configuration below:
- 2x 6TB WD Red drives
- RAID1
- TrueNAS Scale

If there is any more information that would be helpful to help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance for ANY help you all are able to provide!

floki2019

Cadet
More info on this: below you can see the "Store1" pool shows up in the GUI. Not sure what the "Exported" means.
1690558949277.png

When I try to import that in the "Storage" page it hangs forever and the % progress never changes when I check the task in the upper right corner.

Should I try running: 'zpool import -o readonly=on Store1' and see if it will come up that way? I just want to get the data off of it from the NextCloud app.

floki2019

Cadet
UPDATE:

I decided to go ahead and try importing zpool in readonly mode. That worked! I can now see data in the Dataset section.

1690560263646.png

My question now is, how can I get access to the NextCloud app data to save all my pictures and videos?