BUILD Need Advice for my Hardware configuration (Mainboard advice needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoration

Cadet
Hello,

I am currently planning to setup a FreeNAS for my home to store my projects etc.
I am now researching the HW for quite some time and I am just unsure about some final remark.
Well first the hardware:

Intel Xeon E3-1226 v3, 4x 3.30GHz, Sockel 1150, boxed (BX80646E31226V3)
Crucial DIMM 8GB, DDR3L-1600, CL11, ECC (CT102472BD160B)
Supermicro X10SL7-F retail (MBD-X10SL7-F-O)

6x4TB WD RED (Will be bought new)
4x3TB (Old raid from current NAS)

Now mainly I am currently struggling with the mainboard. I have read in a differnt post here in the forums that the X10 boards have some problems. Should I be concerned with that? Mainly I want a board which has at least 8 SATA ports. I actually don't need and want the onboard raid controller. I even have in the current raid some cheap SATA 4 Port Controller which could be used as well.

Anyway mainboard is the X10SL7-F a good choice? Or would the X10SAE be "better" it would be cheaper at last....
I also looked at the ASRock C226 WS any experience there? It also hast 10x SATA.

Any help would be appreciated!
If there are any concerns regarding the other HW feel free to post them. I already have a case and a suitable power supply. Maybe a small remark why I have chosen the Xeon with integrated graphics, cause there was no price difference to the one without the integrated graphics.

Thanks for any help
Steve

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Status
Not open for further replies.