NAS inaccessable

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingPersian

Patron
Hi
For some reason my NAS was inaccessable via any WebGUI. Nor the FreeNAS WebGUI nor Couchpotato or anything else worked. My browser was loading and loading, but nothing happened. Even SSH didn't work. I could ping my machine and all it's IPs tho.
I then went into the console and tried to enter shell - bad mistake. it entered a new line and nothing happend. I'm not in the console itself anymore and I cannot exit this "shell mode". If I enter anything and press enter nothing happens. Tried "exit" multiple times and some other stuff like ctrl+c/d, no results tho. What can I do to reboot my NAS safely now?
The only thing I know it to force it to a shutdown with the power button, but I have read that it's not a good idea. So what can I do?
Summary: Nor shell, any WebGUI or console work. And I need to reboot it somehow.
Thanks in advance.

edit2: I possibly have scrubbing enabled for 4am. I dunno if it was set for last night or not. It's now 11:20am here. Not sure if it takes so long for ~6tb of data.. Hope that wasn't the reason why I couldn't connect to anything?
edit: Here a screenshot. Ignore the error, it refers to something else as you can see. Pops up every x minutes

1375110_10202820681376411_1235103522_n.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Looks like your only option is to reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.