mysql-server fails after jail upgrade.

mpyusko

Dabbler
I ran the latest update on TrueNAS, then upgraded the jail from the WebGUI. When the Jail came back up, Nextcloud gave me
Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

It looks like that is because mysql-server is not starting.
Code:
2023-08-29T18:06:28.6NZ mysqld_safe Logging to '/var/db/mysql/Cerebro.err'.
2023-08-29T18:06:28.6NZ mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/db/mysql
ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/libexec/mysqld not found
2023-08-29T18:06:28.6NZ mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/db/mysql/Cerebro.pid ended

Code:
root@Cerebro:/usr/local # find /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib -name "libc.so.7"
/lib/libc.so.7
root@Cerebro:~ # uname -rs
FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7
root@Cerebro:~ # mysql -V
mysql  Ver 8.0.33 for FreeBSD13.2 on amd64 (Source distribution)
root@Cerebro:~ #

Thoughts?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Fix: upgrade the jail to 13.2 from the command line, then update the packages inside the jail. 13.1 (what you are running inside the jail) is EOL. Don't get all confused by the FreeBSD version on the NAS host - it's irrelevant as long as it's 13.x or newer.

Background: update in the UI will only update your jail to the latest 13.1 FreeBSD version. But updating packages will install current packages which are built for 13.2 now that 13.1 is EOL. So the package is missing a library that is present in 13.2 but not in 13.1.

Last edited:

mpyusko

Dabbler
Fix: upgrade the jail to 13.2 from the command line, then update the packages inside the jail. 13.1 (what you are running inside the jail) is EOL. Don't get all confused by the FreeBSD version on the NAS host - it's irrelevant as long as it's 13.x or newer.

Background: update in the UI will only update your jail to the latest 13.1 FreeBSD version. But updating packages will install current packages which are built for 13.2 now that 13.1 is EOL. So the package is missing a library that is present in 13.2 but not in 13.1.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
I followed this guide, and it worked perfectly.