My copying hyper-v files to freenas fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold Scott

Cadet
Have I missed something

While copying my exported hyper-v guest machine directory structure from my hyper-v host machine I get item not found error complaining about the freenas destination.

At the point of the popup I can see that the destination folder has been created including the two files it would contain although files indicate zero length
The try again button only results in the same error.
if I choose skip, I'm next prompted if I want to overwrite the already existing zero length files, if I choose overwrite it seems the files are successfully copied.

the directory that causes the problem is named 72C67998-B73D-4279-B4DC-B77404A6BBB7
containing a xml file and a subdirectory of the same name, and that subdirectory contains a bin and vsv file of the same name.

copying the same material to a Microsoft machine works without any problems.
none of my machines are on a domain

Marc Allard

Explorer
Hello,
I had a problem like that : while copying music files from a Synology to Freenas with cifs (using a computer as intermediate).
Even renaming the file didn't help. Putting the right to everyone has full rights didn't help too (on the syno).
Copying the files from the syno to a computer and then from the computer to freenas didn't work too.

I have used rsync to solve the problem (with cwrsync on windows I do a copy from the share of the syno (cygdrive/s/...) to freenas).
Marc

Harold Scott

Cadet
SOLVED

After upgrading from 9.2.1.5 Release to 9.2.1.6 Release my problem no longer exists

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.