My beloved vlan 4095

virusbcn

Explorer
Hi guys, I have just installed Truenas 10.0-U6.1, I want to create a VM to install Pfsense and to be able to route my network, my fiber provider uses VLAN6 and PPOE to connect, this with ESXi is no problem I tell the switch to use the VLAN4095 and so let pass all VLANs and in the VM the same Pfsense I tell him to use the Vlan6 and connects me without problems at first.
The problem is that in Freenas not let me use the 4095 to let everything pass, I have tried to assign the VLAN in the Pfsense leaving the default configuration in truenas and assigning the VLAN in the Truenas, presenting that VLAN card to the VM and that manages the PPOE the pfsense and no, I can not connect in any way

How could I get my PfSense VM to work ????

thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have tried to assign the VLAN in the Pfsense leaving the default configuration in truenas and assigning the VLAN in the Truenas, presenting that VLAN card to the VM and that manages the PPOE the pfsense and no, I can not connect in any way

How could I get my PfSense VM to work ????
Generally speaking, it's not great to use a Type 2 Hypervisor for hosting a Firewall... but it's your choice/funeral.

Please be specific about what you have done to set the VLAN... Are you also including a bridge in that setup?

NIC(s) -> LAGG (if you have it) -> VLAN -> Bridge (IPs or attachment to VM happens here)

virusbcn

Explorer
Generally speaking, it's not great to use a Type 2 Hypervisor for hosting a Firewall... but it's your choice/funeral.

Please be specific about what you have done to set the VLAN... Are you also including a bridge in that setup?

NIC(s) -> LAGG (if you have it) -> VLAN -> Bridge (IPs or attachment to VM happens here)
1637928642173.png

This is my network summary now, i test to connect my pfsense vm wan nic to NIC em0 directly, VLAN6, and bridge1 with and without vlan6 in pfsense config and i can not connect anyway

Bridge config
1637928783021.png

Vlan Config
1637928807022.png

sretalla