Must be missing something, Windows clients can't access Previous Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

galorin

Cadet
I guess technically if they go to the .zfs directory they can see previous versions from the snapshots, but I would much rather they used the Windows built-in methods.

I'm running 8.0.3-x64 on a Dell 1850, two 143GB SCSI drives in a ZFS mirror. There will be more systems added to the mix, but I need to get the first one working right.

The system is in a Server 2003 Active Directory environment, joins to the Domain fine, behaves just as I would expect it to, except it doesn't do the Previous Versions thing right.

Let me know if you need any additional information or configurations I've used.

G

gcooper

I guess technically if they go to the .zfs directory they can see previous versions from the snapshots, but I would much rather they used the Windows built-in methods.

I'm running 8.0.3-x64 on a Dell 1850, two 143GB SCSI drives in a ZFS mirror. There will be more systems added to the mix, but I need to get the first one working right.

The system is in a Server 2003 Active Directory environment, joins to the Domain fine, behaves just as I would expect it to, except it doesn't do the Previous Versions thing right.

Let me know if you need any additional information or configurations I've used.

It was a regression in 8.0.3 as noted in the errata. I'm working on fixing it in 8.0.4, but for the time being I recommend either a) downgrading to 8.0.2 or b) please be patient because the new release (8.0.4) is going to be out in a week in a half or so to resolve this issue and a handful of other issues.

galorin

Cadet
I think I'll be patient then. I don't have the hardware for my two production servers in yet, probably be a fortnight before I'm ready to begin software install on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.