Musicprainz Picard in Iocage Jail

Brad1976

Dabbler
Hi everyone!!! I have been searching around for a few weeks now and have tried a few various installation methods, but none of them seam to work... And admittedly, they are pretty old... Currently, I have a large music collection that is just over 650Gb in total size and a lot of it needs to be sorted through and organized really bad.. lol Truthfully, I haven't even looked at it in a couple of years as well... I not normally local to me FreeNAS server so I have to do everything remotely, which isn't a problem with I SSH into it. I have been able to create a BUNCH of iocage jails with various applications running for my video multimedia, but now I would like to turn to my music collection... I can only think of two options at the moment. I could FTP my collection to my laptop running Windoze 10, install Musizbrainz Picard on my laptop and then FTP everything back to the server in a format that will be Plex friendly, or I could install Musicbrainz into a jail and move small batches of my collection into a folder at a time to be assessed and corrected as needed... I would prefer the later method, but I'm having a HORRIBLE time finding an easy source to get Musicbrainz installed in the first place...

I have found numerous sources on how to get Musicbrainz installed as a server, but a lot of them are just so old that they're not working on FreeNAS 11.2-Release, let alone iocage jails. I found one script where I had to modify a setupjail.sh script file and then a DBDefs.pm file, which is also the only source I found for iocage. It completed the install successfully, I created a port forward within my router just like I did with every other jail, but I keep getting a "Unable to connect" page and I have no idea how to fix it...

My main question is.... Has anyone come across any install method for an iocage jail using pkg? I'm not holding my breath, but if I don't ask, I don't know... lol If not, has anyone else out there been able to successfully install MusicBrainz Picard on their FreeNAS 11.2-Release in iocage? (And while no I have not got it installed yet, I'm considering also installing Headphones, but not sure if I will attempt to install it into the same jail, or just create another jail for it... So many options... lol End goal is to have something working for a music collection in the same way I have Jackett, Couchpotato and Medusa all running fine for my video files... Thanks in advance!!!

samuel-emrys

Contributor
I've never used MusicBrainz Picard, but a quick search of the repository yielded these:

Code:
root@iocagejail:/ # pkg search musicbrainz
libmusicbrainz5-5.1.0_1        MusicBrainz client library for audio metadata lookup
p5-MusicBrainz-DiscID-0.04     Perl interface for the MusicBrainz libdiscid library
p5-WebService-MusicBrainz-1.0.4 Perl interface to MusicBrainz
p5-WebService-MusicBrainz0-0.94 Perl interface to MusicBrainz
py27-musicbrainz2-0.7.4_2      Next Generation Python bindings for MusicBrainz
py27-musicbrainzngs-0.6        Python Musicbrainz NGS site bindings
py36-musicbrainzngs-0.6        Python Musicbrainz NGS site bindings

and

Code:
root@iocagejail:/ # pkg search picard
picard-2.0.4                   Next generation MusicBrainz Tagger
picard-plugins-2.0.20180917    Plugins for Picard tagger

Since the MusicBrainz documentation for FreeBSD suggests all that's required to install is compiling it from the port, I see no reason why just running pkg install picard wouldn't be all you need to do? I'm assuming since you've set up a number of iocage jails, you're familiar enough with the command line to configure your fstab to mount the appropriate directories to the jail. From here you would just need to configure Picard appropriately for your use, which I would imagine would be mostly OS agnostic, and documented by MusicBrainz.

More information about the audio/picard port is available here. Does this help?

Edit: It might also be worth exploring Lidarr: [GitHub Installation Guide] [Pentaflakes Installation Guide]

jkng88

Cadet
Hi, thanks for this. just one quick question. when i use the pkg install picard command, after installation, i am not able to start picard. Following error was received:

Code:
picard does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable

Sorry for the noob question but can anyone help?