Multiple network questions/issues

KRDucky

Dabbler
Hi all,

I recently switched from a hacked-together Linux server to FreeNAS 11.2-U3. I have a Dell PowerEdge T320 server with 6/12 cores/threads and 32GB of RAM along with 8x4TB WD Red drives in Zraid2. I also added in an Intel Server grade Quad-Gigabit NIC from my old server to handle LACP. All combined, my T320 has 6 Gigabit NICs. 2x Broadcom NICs and the Quad-NIC.

I have a TP-Link SG105E Smart switch with a LAGG setup on it for 4 ports.
I have a dumb Netgear 8 port switch.
My router is a Ubiquiti Edgerouter X-SFP.

I have one switch (netgear) on the 192.168.1.x network. The TP Link switch is on the 192.168.2.x network.
I want to setup my server to pass traffic over the 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x networks for different workloads.
I noticed that I am unable to set more than one Default Gateway which in turn essentially disables the other network.
I have also noticed that only 1 interface is apparently allowed to use DHCP (which seems very weird.)

The Quad NIC is setup to be a LAGG in LACP mode. It will not pull an IP. If I assign an IP, it will not route.
The only NIC that seems to work well is one of the Broadcom NICs.

I also want to setup 2 VPNs. 1 VPN is PIA and would go over the 192.168.1.x network (Broadcom NICs).
The second VPN is one I want to setup as a server for the 192.168.2.x network (Intel Server NICs)

I also want to setup 2 different DDNS update clients. One through NoIP and one through Namecheap.

I also need to figure out how to setup/enable SSL. (both my purchased Namecheap/Comodo SSL and the LetsEncypt SSL)

I have been encountering many issues since the switch and it is frustrating. Nothing seems to work. Plus I have a feeling that my USB stick is fixin to bite the big one as the server really seems to lag hard.

I wouldnt mind setting up VLANs (been awhile since I took the Cisco CCNA courses in college) but FreeNAS wouldnt let me add an interface to a predefined VLAN (VLAN10 on the router).

Please someone break this down step by step for me.

D

dlavigne

That's a lot of setup.... Were you able to figure any of these out?