move zvol to new pool

dealy663

Dabbler
Hi, I have a dataset and zvol which act as the drive for an Ubuntu VM on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.2. I need to move that over to a different Pool, but so far haven't figured this out. I've already created a snapshot of the DS and Zvol. But cloning seems to only work on the same Pool (at least in the UI). I've found a few references from TrueNAS core about using zfs send/receive commands, but the zfs command is unavailable on scale.

What is the best way to get the DS and ZVol over to the new pool?

Thanks, Derek

Tony-1971

Contributor
Hello,
The zfs command is available for root user (ie from System Settings / Shell or you can create a user with ssh and sudo access).
Best Regards,
Antonio

sretalla