mount stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

doglover

Dabbler
Hello. Thanks for FreeNAS.
For years, I have been using a wireless laptop running Puppy to mount SMB share from FreeNAS.
It has stopped working with the lastest FreeNAS upgrade.
I now get a mount error 95.
Ping still works OK.
Any idea why it has stopped working?
I can still mount from my windows machine, no change there.
I am not really a Unix person, or a networking person, so please be kind/patient.
Thanks, respectfully
IMF

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

doglover

Dabbler
Hi. Thanks for note. Sounded good, but didn't work after typing command into shell and also 'service samba_server restart'. I also tried to mount from Mint 15 from same machine, didn't work either. I also changed password recently, which is working from my windows machine, so re-entered the password to be sure. I tried logging into the user interface using my non-root name and password, and that didn't work, so am assuming that have to root to log into the UI?
I am using the syntax I always used
mount -t cifs -o user=name //192.168etc/Name_ZFS_2 /mnt/name
It then asks for password, I enter it, and get the mount error 95 error.
Thanks,
IMF

doglover

Dabbler
Hello again. It is working now. I rebooted the client, then retried and it works. Shouldn't be that I went into the UI and changed the password to the same password, the same one that has been working for windows. Wouldn't explain why it didn't work for Mint 15 either. Could I have been typing in the wrong password all along and for several days? That is hard to believe. Did the server just need time? Anyhow, is working for the moment. I will reboot everything, try the sysctl command again, and hopefully will continue to work.
Thanks sretalla and all.
Best,
IMF

Status
Not open for further replies.