Missing services [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meester Roboto

Dabbler
Hello!

First, I want to say that I am completely new freeNAS and have been following the quick start guide up until now to learn and set up the freeNAS.

That being said, I think I have discovered an error that I have absolutely no clue how to resolve.

I was attempting to set up an AFP apple share and have been able to create it successfully. However when attempting to turn the service on, I discovered that I can not see any of my services (something I didn't even realize I could not do until I saw with the quick start guide that I was missing options.) to start them. I get an error and I am really not sure what it means in context.

I have attempted to connect to or locate the AFP which is how I discovered I had the issue.

I have been unable to search and locate any relevant thread on the forums to help resolve the issue so here I am.

Here is what I see:

Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 8.32.41 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 8.32.56 AM.jpg

Not sure why I don't have a list of services on the side, but I don't. I am using the latest build: FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Meester Roboto

Dabbler
Is it possible I need to create a directory in order to get this to work? I would imagine freenas would have created its own directory for these services but what do I know?

I have not added any extra directories since installing freenas.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What web browser are you using? Some people have reported problems with old versions of IE. Try Firefox or Chrome if you are using Internet Explorer.

Edit: Looking a little closer at your picture(the forum downsized it to hell) it looks like you have other errors going on too. I can't read them, but something is wrong with your FreeNAS installation. Did you install to a USB stick that was 4GB or bigger? You may want to try reinstalling FreeNAS and see if the problem goes way, or try a different USB stick.

Meester Roboto

Dabbler
I am using Safari to manage the freenas web portal. I can try a different browser though just to be sure.

I installed on a 2gb stick. I have an 8gb stick lying around I can try installing on and see if that resolves the issue.

I had thought the installation was bad but had no reference to know for sure.

Should I try to reinstall on the 8gb or try again on the 2gb? Or both! haha!

Here are some of my errors:

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://10.0.1.12/services/core/?dojo.preventCache=1354570326401

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
105. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
166. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
20. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/services/views.py" in core
99. activedirectory = models.ActiveDirectory.objects.order_by("-id")[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __getitem__
207. return list(qs)[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __len__
87. self._result_cache.extend(self._iter)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in iterator
291. for row in compiler.results_iter():
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py" in results_iter
763. for rows in self.execute_sql(MULTI):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py" in execute_sql
818. cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py" in execute
337. return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)

Exception Type: DatabaseError at /services/core/
Exception Value: no such column: services_activedirectory.ad_unix_extensions

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Some 2GB USB sticks aren't exactly 2GB. If that is the case you can have random bizarre errors that make no sense.

I would just try installing on the 8GB and see how that goes. I would try to use Chrome or Firefox after reinstallation. Safari will probably work, but I don't know anyone that has specifically mentioned that it worked fine for them.

Meester Roboto

Dabbler
As you say that, I remember my 2gb stick being slightly less then 2g as freenas installed. I will ry the 8gb stick and if that works, I will throw a party. If not, I will be back!

Thanks so much for the help!

bollar

Patron
I use Safari most of the time and The GUI works correctly. I would also go with the USB suggestion.

Meester Roboto

Dabbler
Reinstalled on the 8gb stick - working great now!

Just going to continue tinkering now!

Thanks for all the help! Ill let you know when the party is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.