Missing folders in iSCSI drive

dcol

Dabbler
Hi all,
I have setup iSCSI on FreeNAS to use with Windows 10 iSCSI Initiator. I want to have access to two desktops that I control.
Computer one setup fine with all folders. Computer two setup fine but only shows half of the folders.
These are all static files. Gets read by computer one and computer two will put the files there.
Any way to show all folders on both computers?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Can you elaborate? Are you connecting multiple initiators to the same target? That's not a supported method; initiators should be connected to a unique target.

dcol

Dabbler
Thanks for quick response.
yes same target. I control access from both computers so I didn't think it was an issue to do.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
As @Samuel Tai pointed out, this isn't a supported use case for iSCSI - block storage needs a cluster-aware filesystem for simultaneous access from multiple initiators. While NTFS can be put on a shared volume through MS clustering, SMB is far better suited for this workflow. What made you set up iSCSI in the first place, if I may ask?

Set up a simple SMB share, move your files there from a client, and enjoy normal functionality.