Minecraft 1.17.1 server does not start

Mark_the_Red

Dabbler
Hi All. I am having problems here. I reinstalled mineos plugin from scratch, and now I can't get any minecraft server running at all. Latest TrueNas 12.2 U6 fully updated.

I did the following after reading this thread and another:

pkg install openjdk16 (it says everything was already installed)

when I created a new 1.17.1 server, I added the following to the

nano.config step java_binary=/usr/local/openjdk8/bin/java (similar to the other thread)

I tried this with both the jdk16 and jdk8 and jadk 11 and nothing seems to work. Is there a step I am missing? Is there some huge java package I have to reinstall with a new mineos plugin install?

Whenever I click on the green start server button it does NOTHING. No logs, no errors, nothing.

Is there some code I have to do beforehand? Permissions? Special mount point in Truenas to be enabled ?

Appreciate the help.

PS: I followed this guide here for setting up the plugin:

Note that the 1.17 profiles are memory hogs; I suspect you're running out of memory. In the MineOS ServerStatus page, be sure to increase the -Xmx value from the default of 256 to 2048 or larger.

[mod note: edited as part of a thread split -jg]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark_the_Red

Dabbler
I crowdsourced this problem and a good person at reddit fixed it. Apparently its good practice to download the plugin from the jail directly and not from the plugin page.

All the pre-1.17.1 minecraft nano.config files need to be editted to refernce the jdk8.

chravis

Contributor
@Mark_the_Red - I'm glad you found the solution, but I'm curious how this is any different than the solution I provided? I watched the video and he's adding the java_binary property to the server.config file. Was there something else he did?

And just a note - there aren't "nano.config" files. "nano server.config" instructs the server to open the server.config file using the nano text editor program.

Mark_the_Red

Dabbler
Woe betide me to tell any about Linux syntax. Im a hack and just blindly copy code. The fix is indeed the same, but downloading the plugin from the webui is NOT the same as downloading it from the shell. The guy in the youtube video replicated the exact same problem I had. The plugin download from the webui is broken somehow. Both the reddit bro and myself replicated it exactly.