Message ID: ZFS-8000-2Q

conpat

Cadet
Hello Together

During the new installation, I accidentally deleted a hard drive that I had partitioned for ZIL and cache and assigned to the pool. Now I can no longer import the pool. I have already tried the instructions on this page https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-d...ml#missing-device-in-replicated-configuration, but without success.

ZFS Pool.PNG

have someone a Idea?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello @conpat

Sorry to hear about the accidental overwrite. You can import your pool from the command-line using the command zpool import -m MediaOne - this will tell ZFS to ignore the missing LOG device, and discard any pending transactions that might have been stored there. Since this partition was overwritten during a new installation, hopefully the previous shutdown/export of the pool was on a "clean shutdown" and no data will be lost.

Once you've imported the pool successfully (check zpool status) then you should be able to remove the LOG and CACHE devices from the UI, export the pool, and reboot - at this point, it should import automatically.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Please repost in the appropriate forum. If you post in FreeNAS legacy software, not many people will even look at your post.

Arwen

MVP
That means your "MediaOne" pool is already imported. Simply use the GUI to remove the SLOG, (logs), & L2ARC, (cache), devices.

If you don't see the pool on the GUI, please give us the output of;
zpool status