Measure IOPS of drives - specifically for special dedup devices?

ThisTruenasUser

Dabbler
Hi all
So for context.
I have some 12TB sparse ISCSI shares on truenas for games.
They use deduplication using 2 x 16GB intel optane as the special deduplication devices (mirrored).

i am aware how resource consuming deduplication can be, if misconfigured - or just turning on hoping for the best.
I have read the appropriate documentation.

I set up the pool months ago, and still doing well.

The way to get deduplication to play nice way to use 1MB block sizes, both on truenas zviol and formatiing the ISCSI 'drives' on windows machines to 1MB (gaming focused machines).

Those devices use a whopping 4.5GB of storage for deduplicaton data, using 'zpool list -v'
Then the useful output of 'zpool status -D' : dedup: DDT entries 7004789, size 698B on disk, 225B in core
It seems I am using a whopping 1.5GB of memory to run deduplication.

In the reports menu, wanted to check the disk activity.
I chose the two 16GB intel drives. A game update pushed it up to a whopping 2 MB/s write speed.
How to show the IOPS though?
Is there a way?

I went fom the default 16k to 1MB block sizes, so the OIPS and data storage needed went down by a factor of 64x, that is for deduplication operations.

I want to either remove the 2 x16GB intel drives, which would destory the pool, or just replace them with the cheapest sata SSDs I can find. It would free up sata ports and an NVME slot.

A guestimate of disk IOPS are the 2MB ( from the write speed) divided by the 698b (size of each dedup entry). - about 3000.
At 10 x more IOPS, a cheap sata SSD could to it just fine.

I am doing this to save cash on storage and ongoing internet costs at home - also with the help of this: https://lancache.net/
The 100MB/s is affordable & useful and no need to go to 1 gigbit unless the price falls a lot.
It seems the effort I put in to setup is payoff off.

To recap - How do you measure actual IOPS in truenas?

Useful feedbak is appreciated.