Manage plex plugin "not authorized, you do not have access to this server"

scooby622

Cadet
Hello, I am brand new to truenas core or any kind of server/Linux/NAS software so this is a very steep learning curve for me and I ask for patience. Currently, my goal is to get plex running from this hardware so that I can have a local movie library. I was able to do all the basic setup ie creating a pool, creating a user, creating a windows share. I know this topic has been written on but from my understanding, those people were manually installing plex in a way that I am not familiar with. I am simply installing the plex plugin.

I initially had an issue installing plex using default settings so I did a little digging and found a solution that worked. I don't exactly understand what each setting I changed actually does but I can explain the steps I followed. I unchecked DHCP and checked NAT in the basic properties. allowed me to install plex but then I had an issue where the manage tab would not load a webpage and would refuse to connect. this was solved by going to the plex plugin network settings and enabling nat port forwarding. once that was enabled I set the jail port number and host port number on both the udp and TCP to 32400 (I followed a guide for this, have zero clue what any of that means) This finally allowed the manage tab to open into plex where I was able to login but once I tried to go any further I got the message "Not authorized You do not have access to this server". This pops up every time I hit the manage tab now.

From what I read, I have to insert a plex claim code somewhere but I do not know where this would be entered. I do not see anything specifically in the plex jail properties, and everyone else seemed to be installing plex manually. does anyone know where I can plug in this code or if there is another solution?

Is the only goal of this machine to be a plex server?

I generally dont like helping people who use the plex plugin because it isnt maintained very well. I could walk you thru manually installing into a jail in one command if you can answer a few simple questions for me. Youll be alot better off.

Do you have a plexpass?
What is your IP scheme? Meaning..
Like literally what is your truenas ip?
What is your gateway (aka the address of your wireless router)?
And what IP are you using for your plex plugin currently?