Plex Media Server "you do not have access to this server"

Sammes

Cadet
Hi,

I have set up truenas on my R620 in the datacenter. I have assigned a public IP to the server. I am trying to setup a Plex Media Server.
I have set an public ip while installing the Plex plugin. When I go to the admin page, I am getting a error with: "Not Authorized, you do not have access to this server".

I tried to gain access by editing the preferences.xml, without success. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Platter7

Dabbler
I had a similar problem. After installing I put the jail on a seperat vlan via a bridge. But logging in for the first time was not possible. Putting the jail back in the same lan as the lan where I connect from to the server solved this.
After conecting you can at "allowed lans" under settings in the plex-media server.
Further I had to add the plex-port (default = 32400) in allowed ports on LAN on my pfsense-router since I restrict traffic only on ports I authorize.

See also this post (which helpt me) https://www.truenas.com/community/t...-you-do-not-have-access-to-this-server.96858/