Lost web connection after config load to new hardware

KeroN

Cadet
Hello,

I have a problem transferring my truenas to new hardware. I have a simple configuration of ssd drive for system, and 1 hdd drive for storage. Due to my desire to add more drives, I need to replace the motherboard. Unfortunately, my existing setup is bootable via UEFI, and the motherboard I want to move to has only a BIOS option, so simply repositioning the drives won't work (loading operating system all the time, maybe there is any option?).

After saving the config and reinstalling a clean truenas (same version as on the old one: 12.0 U7) on another drive (flash drive for testing purposes) and uploading the config, I lose network connection. I get a message displayed: The web interface could not be accessed. Please check network configuration. Before uploading the config, normally the network connection worked fine, the default IP address was displayed, and I could access the Truenas configuration via the webbrowser on my computer. I tried to apply the advice from this video:

and apart from that, connect ethernet cable via usb connector (ethernet to usb switch), unfortunately without success. Am I able to "reset" the network setting itself from the truenas interface? Alternatively, what could be the cause of the problem, what steps can I take to repair the Internet connection?

Or is there another method to transfer my settings, permissions, users, to the new hardware?

I will be very grateful for any advice, as I have no more ideas myself, and I am anxious to expand the setup

So youll need access at the Truenas terminal and to reconfigure your network details after it boots from the uploaded config. The network cards are likely different. Reconfiguring the basic networking should allow you access again from the GUI.

KeroN

Cadet
Hey, thanks for your answer. That's what I was thinking, but I don't really know how to set or clear "uploaded" config to default settings, so system can automatically pick the right one. Is there any tutorial for that, command, or video?