Lost boot pool during scrub?

satyr

Dabbler
I've been running mirrored cruzers as my boot drive(s) for a number of years. Occasionally have to replace one but have never had an issue with that. This morning, my boot drive was being scrubbed and one of the drives received "Boot pool status is DEGRADED: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected.."

Now, I have a new, spare drive for just this occasion. However, when I got to storage > pools I can only see my data pool. The boot pool is not visible. I can see both drives in storage > disks, but I cannot see the boot pool to replace/resilver the drive. I wasn't able to find any info on this with a few searches and wasn't sure what my next step is.

zpool status identifies a healthy, online data pool and shows the a degraded boot pool with:

pool: freenas-boot
state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An
attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors

Config file is backed up, and I already tried adding a third drive into the pool to see if it would auto-resilver but that has not occurred. Any advise would be appreciated!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
when I got to storage > pools I can only see my data pool. The boot pool is not visible
This is normal.

Boot pool can be seen under System > Boot > Actions > Boot pool status (on TrueNAS 12.0... I assume since you didn't specify)

satyr

Dabbler
You're correct. I'm running 11.3-U3.2.
Your tip worked and I was able to find the drive. Having a new issue...
Added my replacement USB drive and can see it with the grep utility but cannot "attach" it into my boot device to mirror it.

Here's the disk finder output:
da1: <SanDisk' Cruzer Fit 1.00> Removable Direct Access SPC-4 SCSI device
da1: Serial Number 4C530000110115215192
da1: 40.000MB/s transfers
da1: 29340MB (60088320 512 byte sectors)
da1: quirks=0x2<NO_6_BYTE>
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 scbus8 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SanDisk' Cruzer Fit 1.00> Removable Direct Access SPC-4 SCSI device
da0: Serial Number 4C530000080115215302
da0: 40.000MB/s transfers
da0: 29340MB (60088320 512 byte sectors)
da0: quirks=0x2<NO_6_BYTE>

I remember this being a very quick fix with my last degraded disk, so I may be missing a step since it's been awhile.

sretalla