Looking for doc on devices handling / config for Warden...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanky

Cadet
Never being the type to back down from a challenge, I'm trying to run a Gentoo Linux process that requires access to an external serial port from inside a VirtualBox machine, which is inside a Jail on FreeNAS 9.3.

Breaking this down to the first step, I am now simply trying to get the serial port device in the first BSD jail to talk to the actual serial port device installed in the root BSD FreeNAS system, using a terminal emulator (minicom) which was installed in the BSD jail, at the same level as VirtualBox.

For hardware, I have installed a second serial port that has been recognized by BSD, as /dev/cuau2 and /dev/ttyu2.

I've installed minicom inside the jail, and it is configured to use /dev/cuau2, and it appears to start. I'm working through the permissions, etc. but minicom is happy and it starts and tries to send characters to the /dev/cuau2 device in the jail.

Here's my question:

I've looked through what appears to be relatively sparse information on Warden, and the documentation I can find on BSD jails appears to be relatively limited, and not directly applicable to jails configured with Warden. Warden doc talks about networking and file systems, but almost nothing is said about how to access other devices inside the jail to the outside OS.

Can anyone suggest some reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.