Login = Wrong Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerxp

Dabbler
Hi i set a nas up with Freenas in December but today when i went to go into the web login it said Please enter a correct Username and password. I wrote it down but not sure if i've wrote it down wrong. How do i over ride or reset my user and password?.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You have to go to the machine locally and choose the menu option to reset the password.

diedrichg

Wizard
I am still having this same issue after upgrading to 9.2. I have reset the password locally through the menu. I go directly to the GUI and set the new password. I can then view the GUI and its menus. After I reboot though, I no longer have access to the GUI. It keeps saying that my password is incorrect for 'root'. I have done this sequence 3 times now with the same outcome. What's my next step?

edit: I seem to maybe remember that prior to the upgrade I had set the root user to be disallowed from logging in. I am not home so I can not reset the password again to gain access to the GUI, is that an option within the GUI to disallow root login? Is my solution as simple as resetting the password again and changing that setting within root's user profile?

diedrichg

Wizard
Fixed: FYI, prior to upgrading to 9.2 I had set root login to 'disabled' in root user's settings screen. This prevents GUI login in 9.2.x. I had always been told (and read) to disable root login but for some reason now it's standard procedure. Go figure. Resetting the password in the local machine menu option #7 will let you set the password again and allow login so that you can change root login to 'enabled' in the root user's settings screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.