Login wiped from latest updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

August

Cadet
Installed the latest updates to v11, and my login name and password are no longer recognized.
If the updates reset the login name/password what have they been reset to?
All the updates i've done since v9 have been smooth. This is the first time i've had any issue with any of them...

diedrichg

Wizard
That's odd. However, it's as simple as accessing the console menu to change it. Use IPMI or an external monitor. The password change option is in the menu.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Login to what? The login username to the web GUI is always root, and if that's what got reset, yes, you can use the console menu to re-reset it.

August

Cadet
Sorry for the delay...
It turns out that this is not a logon problem. Following the point of the update it is in a loop where every 5 seconds it is looking for a ups connection with the following message "4 19:03:21 freenas upsmon[2188]:UPS [ups]: connect failed: connection failure: connection refused"
Like i mentioned before, this is the first time i've had a problem with any updates from FreeNAS. Out of complete disgust it has been this long since i've even turned it on. Regardless if the solution is simple or stupid, i still have a feeling this will end with a reinstall, and and i will treat updates that same way i do with Apple and MS.
And yes, in the time i have set this thing aside i could have done the reinstall 1000 times, but it's that disgust thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.