Limiting previous builds in the boot section automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morph0

Cadet
Just a question for all the FreeNAS/FreeBSD gurus out there. Is there a way to limit the number of previous builds located in the Boot section of the webgui automatically.

For example with redhat/centos based distros you can add the following line to yum.conf installonly_limit=2 which will remove the 3rd last kernel updated.

The reason I ask for automatically, today I was trying to install the latest update and hadn't really paid much attention to boot and realised there were 10 previous builds listed there and the storage space under freenas-boot was at 99% usage. Of course the updates were failing to install and not much in the way of notifications were coming through the webgui.

I have tried looking through the forums/google under both FreeBSD and FreeNAS and haven't really turned up much information and my knowledge of BSD is very limited in this area, so any help would be muchly appreciated.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
No, there's no way to limit that. But, if you only have 10 boot images, and your device is full, then you are not using the recommended 8GB thumb drive size. Preferably 16GB.
;)

morph0

Cadet
No, there's no way to limit that. But, if you only have 10 boot images, and your device is full, then you are not using the recommended 8GB thumb drive size. Preferably 16GB.
;)

That is a shame, it would be nice if they just even displayed an error message indicating that the partition is full and needs cleaning up. As for the thumb drive it is quite possible that it is under sized now. The system was built around the FreeNAS 7.x days and 4gb was the recommended size.

Thank you for the quick reply :D

D

dlavigne

SU201504100216 introduced an alert if the boot pool goes over 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.