Just installed freenas 8.3.1 and have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of regret going from 0.7.1 to 8.3.1 as I feel it has not gotten any easier to manage freenas, and by the looks of it quixplorer is gone?
But I am sure once I learn to harness the power of 8.3.1 it will provide me the same stable service as 0.7.1 did.

I merely installed 8.3.1 on a memorystick that I hooked up to the computer that used to run 0.7.1 and installed 8.3.1 from the cdrom.

Once installed, I imported my two UFS volumes and set up the shares as I had them on the old version. Fixed some samba settings to allow anonymous access to the shares and off it went. All good.
Enabled the FTP service and got that up and running fine, also enabled plugins (for reasons yet to become visible to me as I have found no plugins that will be of any help to me) -> Why is there not a plugin repository accessible from the freenas webgui? It would be so much easier to just have it bring up a list of plugins, select the one I want and then to have freenas download and install it.

So, to start easy: Where has quixplorer gone? Is there no longer any tool I can use to browse my shares and set permissions?

What I hope to accomplish with quixplorer is to set the permissions on one of the subfolder of my ftp home directory of a user so that the user will be unable to download from that specific folder yet be allowed to upload to it...

Also, I seem to have lost the hierarchical menu on the left hand side of the webgui. It is not visible in either internet explorer (read in a forum post that it was not working in IE 10), nor in firefox or chrome...

Hoping for some answers, as I have spent some time browsing the forums...

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Had you read the stickies/rules of the forum you would see that FreeNAS .7 and 8.3.1 are not related at all whatsoever. If you want an updated version of .7, then you need to visit Nas4Free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oops, please accept my apologies. Does that mean there is no quixplorer like equivalent in 8.3.1? I will look into Nas4Free :)

D

dlavigne

Why is there not a plugin repository accessible from the freenas webgui? It would be so much easier to just have it bring up a list of plugins, select the one I want and then to have freenas download and install it.

This was added in 9.1.0 which was released on the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.