jDownloader jail rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzoe

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I built myself a home server thanks to this community and all the information that is available through this forum (I have been a silent reader so far). I am using FreeNAS since approx. 6 months now and I musst say that I am pretty much in the beginning of understanding the whole FreeBSD world.

In the last week, I have managed to install jDownloader on my NAS machine (Freenas 9.3) via SSH in a jail. The whole thing is running nice and easy and i love it. I just have one massive problem here:

jDownloader has storage access to my NAS pool media folder, where I store my media and jDownloader downloads and extracts in here. Now, any file or any folder that I downloaded using jDownloader can not be moved or deleted when I access the file through the CIFS windows share. I can only do that using SSH or the shell and that is a bit annoying.

My volumes all have guest access and 777 permissions, since I have no sensitive data at all and I only use the server for home sharing. Is there a way that all files that are being created from jDownloader have these settings aswell? I would like to keep it as simple as possible and I would like to be able to delete or move files that have been created by jDownloader.

I would be very glad if someone could help out here...

Thanks
razzoe

ArgaWoW

Patron
hi,

can you please explain how you have installed jdownloader. So i would do the same installation and perhaps we find a solution for the problem.

Thank you

razzoe

Cadet
Hi,

Yes I will eventually do that, but before doing that there are still two major issues that I am trying to figure out at the moment:
-Properly set up the permissions within the jail so that we can rwx the downloaded files from a CIFS share (working on that presently and I'm on a good way to fix this... hopefully)
-Get a proper script that starts jDownloader every time that the jail starts as a service. There are two ways to do that: a simple post init script that executes jD, or a rc.d script, that runs the jD as a daemon properly. Since I am a total noob in UNIX and FreeNAS, it's gonna take a while until i have figured this out. But I'm gonna post my results here as I have them.

Thanks

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi,

Yes I will eventually do that, but before doing that there are still two major issues that I am trying to figure out at the moment:
-Properly set up the permissions within the jail so that we can rwx the downloaded files from a CIFS share (working on that presently and I'm on a good way to fix this... hopefully)
-Get a proper script that starts jDownloader every time that the jail starts as a service. There are two ways to do that: a simple post init script that executes jD, or a rc.d script, that runs the jD as a daemon properly. Since I am a total noob in UNIX and FreeNAS, it's gonna take a while until i have figured this out. But I'm gonna post my results here as I have them.

Thanks

Thanks for that. Eunning Jdownloader would be nice. Until now i use pyload. It works the moste of the time, but its very buggy sometimes.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for that. Eunning Jdownloader would be nice. Until now i use pyload. It works the moste of the time, but its very buggy sometimes.

Han Sooloo

Dabbler
I'm really interested in the install procedure as well.

As for the rights, I'm guessing it's an interaction between the ZFS dataset and CIFS share permissions and ownership rules.

razzoe

Cadet
Exactly, so far I got it all figured out concerning the rights issue (I had accessed my CIFS shares with a poor user and group setup). However I'm advancing pretty slowly in the auto start scrupt since I don't have much time to care about this, but I'll keep this thread up to date.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Would you give us a guide how to do the install pls

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.