jDownloader on FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsune

Dabbler
Heya there,
I have simple question. Is there a way how the current version of the jDownloader could be implemented to my freeNAS?

I haven't found something useful on the web yet, except a How-To with a link to a blog which doesn't work and a very short manual somewhere else where you have to install the JRE and a special version from jDownloader but that wasn't really helpful.

kitsune

Dabbler
*push*
Nobody knows something?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, we don't support the software you run in the jails. We provide the framework for the jail in FreeNAS. What you choose to do inside the jail is your own thing.

If you are trying to run the software outside the jail, you're in no-mans-land because installing software on the FreeNAS install itself is just asking for trouble.

In either case it sounds like you are on your own to solve your problem.

kitsune

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply cyberjock!
Never thought to install something outside of the jail. I love my data. Was just hoping someone could share a manual or informations if it is possible. By the way, thanks for your guide. It helped me a lot making the right decisions!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You might want to see if there's any FreeBSD guides out there for something like this. The jail is nothing more than a mini FreeBSD install.

Yatti420

Wizard

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yatti420: That guide isn't there anymore. ;)

ClassicGOD

Contributor
Heya there,
I have simple question. Is there a way how the current version of the jDownloader could be implemented to my freeNAS?

I haven't found something useful on the web yet, except a How-To with a link to a blog which doesn't work and a very short manual somewhere else where you have to install the JRE and a special version from jDownloader but that wasn't really helpful.

Hi,
What you want is pyLoad - it is a download manager with support for premium websites (more limited than jDownloader but it's there). It's written in Python and designed to be ran on server with access by WebUI or GUI app. It's not 100% compatible with FreeNas so while it's possible to make it run without modification you'll find a tutorial on how to install modified version for FreeNas here:

http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/howto-pyload-0-4-9-self-made-port.13823/page-2

Follow the post by madmax - due to changes in the jails installation requires some work and the original install script doesn't do the job anymore but if you follow the tutorial step by step it will work just fine. The only changes to his post I would recommend is to use 'pkg install' instead of 'pkg_add -r' and add 'pkg install python' to point 6.

kitsune

Dabbler
Thanks ClassicGOD for that information. It seems pyLoad will do that work too. The thread is now on my watchlist.

@cyberjock: I'm currently not that familiar with the jail but I've seen some good threads here. It seems to be necessary so I hope they've explained it in a greenhorn-friendly way.

Status
Not open for further replies.