Jails ip address change will not save in configuration tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Allen

Cadet
A little background. I have had my FreeNAS system running for well over a year. It has been a flawless system up until I changed the subnet due to a change in my internet provider. I went from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.0.0. Changing the FreeNAS itself was easy enough. The problem I am having is with the only plugin I had installed Plex Media server and the jails. The issue is making the ip address change stick in the configuration tab, advanced on the jails setting. It still shows the old subnet 192.168.1.0/24. When I change it to 192.168.0.0/24 and save--it always reverts back to the 192.168.1.0/24. I got so frustrated I ended up removing the plugin and starting all over with a fresh jails. Including blowing away the jails dataset It is as though the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet is stuck somewhere in the system. I have googled and searched this site as well and still do not have a solution. Anyone have a clue on how I can get this fixed or what I am missing? Then I should be able to reinstall the Plex Media Server plugin and be good to go. Thanks much.

upload_2016-10-20_17-27-32.png

Last edited:

Steve Allen

Cadet
Were you able to solve this?
No, I have tried a bunch of things but nothing has worked as yet. I did install Plex manually-creating the jail and running the install from the shell of the jail. I had to re-ip as it got the old subnet ip address. Seems to work just fine except I cannot connect to it from outside of my local network. I did port forward to it in the new router but still cannot connect. So, the answer is not yet. Thanks.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What is the contents of resolv.conf in your jail? Also you should limit the IP range in your configuration tab to something outside your routers DHCP range. By listing the start and end addresses over the entire range you're just asking for an IP conflict.

Steve Allen

Cadet
resolv.conf for the plex jail that works is correct--
search local
nameserver 192.168.0.1
The problem is my root jail which I cannot change the subnet on-it keeps reverting back to 192.168.1.x. I have tried assigning a block of ip's outside of my new dhcp range example 192.168.0.10--192.168.0.20. Like I said above-I was able to manually install a plex jail using 192.168.0.10 and for the most part it works as it should.
I am still trying to figure out where the old subnet 192.168.1.x might be coming from. I have restarted the freenas box multiple times so it is not something that easy. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.