Jail with Plex won't start.

WellisKelly

Cadet
Recently installed Plex and configure the libraries. Was getting ready to work on moving the watched status from old server, but plex had stop running.

All of a sudden I'm now getting this error when trying to start the jail running Plex. The jail is called "Plex" but it no longer will start

Error: [EFAULT] + Starting services FAILED ERROR: [b'jexec: execvp: /bin/sh: Permission denied\n', b''] Refusing to start Plex: exec_start failed

We have restarted the TrueNas server twice and still no luck.

Is there a quick way to fix this or should we just figure out how to delete the jail and start over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is Exec=yes enabled recursivey on the iocage dataset?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you change the jails permissions?

WellisKelly

Cadet
Is Exec=yes enabled recursivey on the iocage dataset?
Thanks! That got rid of the error I was getting but now I can't access Plex. Both the jail and plugin say they are Up and running but I cant access Plex at port 32400 anymore.

New to TrueNas after having a multiple QNAP & Synology devices for years. Where should I look next?

Thanks! That got rid of the error I was getting but now I can't access Plex. Both the jail and plugin say they are Up and running but I cant access Plex at port 32400 anymore.
Are you opening up a new web browser instance/page and manually navigating to the ip:port/web URL of the Plex server (jail)?

For example,
http://192.168.1.200:32400/web

What about navigating to:
https://app.plex.tv

Then logging into your Plex account (with the email/password you used to create a Plex account)?

WellisKelly

Cadet
Still No Go. I've tried both methods and both show up and running but still can't connect. I'm not sure what to try next.