Jail storage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_pedriyo

Explorer
Hello,

I am trying to share my datasets with some jail plugins like nextcloud or emby and when I setup the storage for the jail to link it with the dataset, it seems that the jail can not browse inside a child dataset like when you browse from windows with samba for example. ex:
-media (shared dataset):
-films dataset
-Movie.mkv
-series dataset
-folder
-file.txt

In that directory tree, I can browse from my jail the file.txt, but I can not see the movie.mkv. Is that a problem or is just that the storage system works like that? in the meaning that it does not allow jails to look inside other child dataset like in windows.

Kind regards,
Pedro

el_pedriyo

Explorer
Seems that emby is not finding any content inside the folder I specified in its config, but I can see it through the CLI, so maybe it is because it it outdated as most of the plugins.
If I try to install it from 0 do I need to attach the dataset with NFS or is there any other way to do it like with the jails with the storage config, internally from freenas

el_pedriyo

Explorer
I have tried now with nextcloud and seems like he can not find files inside the dataset neither, it gave me this error:

External mounting error
There was an error with the message: Empty response from the server. Do you want to review mount point config in admin settings page?

Are just the jail system corrupted or something?

Kind regards,
Pedro

el_pedriyo

Explorer
Seems like the problem just for emby or nextcloud not seing the files were the permissions, I discovered that for nextcloud I needed to change the owner of the dataset to user www , it was not working with a group in which www was, no idea why that was happening.

Does anyone have any idea?

fracai

Guru
It seems that you're mounting the "media" dataset and wondering why you can't see files in the "media/films" dataset. That's because as a different dataset, it's effectively mounted at "media/films" outside the jail, but inside the jail you'd need to mount "media/films" directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.