Issue with MacBook Pros on TN Scale

russmc

Cadet
Running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1

We recently migrated our file server from Windows to TN Scale. While doing so, the marketing dept decided to get MacBook Pros. We are running into issues with the Macs accessing files/folders in specific shares. For instance, I have a windows workstation and a Mac sitting here logged in with the same domain user.

On the Windows box, the user can see 144 folders and 56 files in the root of the share.

On the Mac, without any modifications, the same user can see 43 folders and 11 files.

Now here's where it gets weird... my co-worker was working on this yesterday, and by dumb luck he created a folder called "z8" in the root of the folder and now that user can see 136 folders and 54 files. The folders that it cannot see are ones that they don't have access to.

The reason he did z8, was because he was creating random folders on the windows workstation and found that he could only see a handful of them on the Mac, so he started with z1 and kept adding folders. He found that he could see z1 and z2, but not z3-z7, then z8 opened up everything. We deleted z1-z7 and everything is still there. If we rename z8 to something or delete it, everything disappears. If we delete z8, and create a folder called z1, then rename it to z8, everything reappears.

If I do a "sudo net conf list" this is the result of the "shared" share
[Shared] ea support = False tn:purpose = DEFAULT_SHARE path = /mnt/data/Depts/Shared tn:path_suffix = tn:home = False read only = False browseable = True guest ok = False hosts allow = hosts deny = access based share enum = False nfs4:chown = True posix locking = False kernel oplocks = False smbd max xattr size = 2097152 fruit:metadata = stream fruit:resource = stream fruit:time machine = False fruit:time machine max size = 0 tn:vuid = comment = vfs objects = fruit streams_xattr shadow_copy_zfs ixnas zfs_core io_uring

I don't have anything else set up in the GUI for that share (like Legacy AFP Compatibility). I do have "Enable Apple SMB2/3 Protocol Extensions" checked in the SMB service as well as the following Auxillary Parameters:
force unknown acl user = yes host msdfs = yes