Issue with access rights through SSH (ACLs and LDAP)

beharim

Cadet
Greetings all :)

I've got a little issue using TrueNAS Core (13.0-U5) that gives me headache..
I've created a whole true structure of datasets , with specific ACLs according to users and groups defined in a samba domain controller. Then, using SMB, everything is shared on the network and it's working fine, from the user point of view at least.

Yet, I have noticed some inconsistencies when the user is connected through SSH, when I try to go back to the parent dataset. Despite the exact same ACLs, some datasets throw a Permission denied error, some others work fine. I guess I have made a mistake somewhere but I can't find out where..

Here is a screenshot to show the problem (I'm forced to use the absolute path if I want to go back to the DonneesAcquisition dataset) :
1692597455506.png

Another screenshot to show the ACLs on both datasets :
1692597510105.png

It isn't a major issue, I could live with it.. but I'm kinda bothered not to be able to understand why it does not work the way I expect it to work, which means either I'm wrong somewhere in my understanding of TrueNAS and its configuration, or there is problem on my server ^^
If you ever have any idea to investigate more, I'm interested !

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
SSH is a direct connection to the server, not a sharing protocol.

Permissions from shares will not apply in any way at all to file browsing done on the host over SSH, which applies only UNIX permissions (the ones you see with ls -l), not ACLs (which you see with getfacl)

beharim

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I guess it was not very clear in my post but the ACLs are set on datasets not on shares. Maybe I understood it wrong, but I thought it corresponded to extended UNIX permissions. At least, it works that way as, when I connect to my TrueNAS server through SSH, the user only has the rights I set up through the dataset's ACL menu.

If I do a ls it only shows this :
1692605254681.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
when I connect to my TrueNAS server through SSH, the user only has the rights I set up through the dataset's ACL menu
maybe have a look at ls -la (which should also show the . and .. entries).

beharim

Cadet
So here is the result of ls -al on the different datasets :
1692610801859.png

Despite the fact Atmosphere and Geochimie have been created the same way, I got a permission denied on Geochimie..

sretalla