ISCSI performance lower than SCALE

m9x3mos

Dabbler
I am currenlty using truenas core 12 on an older machine (6700k) that I am going to be repalceing with a 9900k system. Previously I heard that iscsi performance on scale was worse than that of core. So I figured on this new system I can test both before deploying it as a replacement.
I currenlty have a 9900k on a z390 master board, 64gb ram, 6 8tb seagate ironwolf drives and was testing between core TrueNAS-13.0-U1 and scale TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2.1.
I set both up for testing with the exact same config as a raid z1 pool, no compression and no dedup.
Have 1 smb share, 2 iscsi shares, and 1 windows 11 vm, and no apps or plugins.
I tested with crystal disk mark including a mix 70%r 30%w setup. This going to iscsi over 1gb, iscsi over 10gb, and native on the VM running in the enviornment.
I got these results with Scale
TrueNAS Scale test results.jpg

And these are my results with core
TrueNAS Core test results.jpg

Is there some config I need to tweak for core that these results are that much lower?

My old system which is a 6700k with 32gb ram, 6 3tb hgst ultrastar drives and a 256gb read cache gave these results (with read cache not directly comparable I don't think).
1657917536740.png

Just wondering if there is something I am missing or does this seem about right before I continue testing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.