ISCSI for Back UP servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi averyone! I will tell my situation, I have a Dell PowerEdge 2950 server with 6 x 2Tb into a raidz of 8TB configured as an iSCSI initiator, the purpose of this server is to store backups from different servers, for this task I have 3 servers with Symantec backup Excec, these servers have mapped the ISCSI drive and all store the backup on this, the problem is that often the folder where the backups are is blocked and is not replicated in real-time the changes that are made from one server to other server, then , this is the best configuration for this scenario? or what other settings should I use?
i will apreciate any comments
from already thank you very much!

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Do the Backup Exec servers support shared storage? This configuration seems strange to me. You realize that iscsi is like connecting a hard disk to a machine, right? And by connecting it to 3 servers, unless the OS and application support connecting to the same iscsi drive, you are going to have major issues.

thanks for your reply, i have 2 2003 and 1 2008 servers with Back Up Exec 2010 R3, but in the near future they will upgrade to Windows Server 2012 and Back Up Exec 2015, i understand what you say, what would you do for this scenario?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I would contact Backup Exec and ask them the proper method for using iscsi (or another NAS based protocol) with multiple backup servers.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Unless you have a cluster enabled filesystem (NTFS is not), you cannot have multiple servers connected to the same iscsi target

jgreco

Resident Grinch
thanks for your reply, i understand now, i`m going to change to CIF with active directory permisions, maybe you culd help me with another problem, i can't start SMART service, when i try to start it it says "the service could not be started" any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.