Is t Possible to Have Two FreeNAS on the Same Home Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMP

Cadet
Is it Possible to Have Two FreeNAS on the Same Home Network

OK, I build a second and larger FreeNAS RaidZ1 with four 2TB WD Red drives to replace my aging older Seagate drive. When they're both plugged into the local network only one is visible in the Network section of Windows Explorer. Both are visible by their IP address. Is where a way to rename one so both will show up. Otherwise I'm stuck moving all the files to another drive and then to the new FreeNAS system. Thanks for your time. Phil

praecorloth

Contributor
It's possible that both are set to be the master browser for your network, and thus neither of them would broadcast their name over NetBIOS. Go in to the CIFS settings page and make sure that Local Master is only checked on one of the FreeNAS machines. That's about the best I can come up with.

DMP

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out this evening.

It's possible that both are set to be the master browser for your network, and thus neither of them would broadcast their name over NetBIOS. Go in to the CIFS settings page and make sure that Local Master is only checked on one of the FreeNAS machines. That's about the best I can come up with.

Stephens

Patron
Is where a way to rename one so both will show up. Otherwise I'm stuck moving all the files to another drive and then to the new FreeNAS system. Thanks for your time. Phil

Give them different NETBIOS names in CIFS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.