Is It Possible to Change FreeNAS Old Version UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using freeNAS which is working with Dojango and DOJO JS But I want to introduce new UI which look like new freeNAS UI. But I continuously facing conflicts.

I try to use:
Major Material Design which is Compatible with JQuery
Bootstrap
DBootstrap

Please help me to fix this issue. Or Please let me know Is It Possible to transform FreeNAS Old Version UI (using Dojo ) as new freeNAS UI (which using Angular).

If YES, Then How Could I do so.

Thanks in Advance

kdragon75

Wizard
Are you trying to rewrite the old UI? Or do you just want to use the new UI?

garm

Wizard
Freenas has a documented API structure. Just build a stand alone front end and use the APIs. That shouldn’t break your hacked system on updates as it’s a stand alone layer.

kdragon75

Wizard

garm

Wizard
:cool: Well I must confess that after the Corral disaster I did consider it. Especially as most common tasks I do from my iPhone.

Freenas has a documented API structure. Just build a stand alone front end and use the APIs. That shouldn’t break your hacked system on updates as it’s a stand alone layer.
Can you please provide a referenced link. I search a lot about freeNAS development but Didn't get much details about That

garm

Wizard
No you don’t change the UI, the UI is what it is. You build your own and run that as a separate app in what ever way you want. And to control FreeNAS you use the API.

Redcoat

MVP
What @garm said was "Just build a stand alone front end and use the APIs". I interpret that to mean that "you make your front end however you wish and use the API functions to connect your front end UI to FreeNAS".

danb35

Hall of Famer
I do not think I can change UI with this.
Of course you can--you write your own GUI in whatever language or framework you want using those API calls. If that's beyond your skill level then, well, this project is beyond your skill level.

Are you trying to rewrite the old UI? Or do you just want to use the new UI?
I just want to use the new UI in default storageip (xxx.xxx.x.x) without entering (/ui in last ) like xxx.xxx.x.x/ui . I also do not want to loose any my project Changes. I am using Freenas 11.1. Please response ASAP

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
I find it difficult to respond as I cannot understand your objectives.

I just want to use the new UI in default storageip (xxx.xxx.x.x) without entering (/ui in last ) like xxx.xxx.x.x/ui

What is the objection to three additional keystrokes to get to the management interface of a server? You seem to be willing to contemplate a significant amount of work to do so...

What "project changes" do you not want to lose? If they (the "project changes") are your FreeNAS configuration customizations, these are easily saved and reloaded from the "system", "general" page buttons.

I find it difficult to respond as I cannot understand your objectives.

What is the objection to three additional keystrokes to get to the management interface of a server? You seem to be willing to contemplate a significant amount of work to do so...

What "project changes" do you not want to lose? If they (the "project changes") are your FreeNAS configuration customizations, these are easily saved and reloaded from the "system", "general" page buttons.
I just want new UI instead of old UI. Or Suggest any way to change old UI like new UI if Possible... (Like Need to write any custom code to achieve that UI and any other method.. I just want new UI instead of old UI...)

Redcoat

MVP

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.