IPs of Jails will not respond to pings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiftyMist

Cadet
So I am having an issue with my plugin jails and another jail that I'm trying to run a mummble server with. They will not respond to any pings at all. They are all running and I have stopped and started the jails several times. I have also tried reinstalling the plugins all together. I'm not quite sure what the issue is but I'm certain that it has something to do with the assigned IPs of the jails. I don't know for sure but I'm just taking a while guess here. On my LAN the FreeNAS has an IP of 10.0.0.5. However, all of the jails have an IP of 192.168.1.x. I feel that this is the issue. If anyone could help me resolve this issue, I would be greatly appreciated.

I start my networking classes in the fall, so I bet I will come across this scenario again. But again, I'm not sure if this is even the cause of my issue.

INCSlayer

Contributor
What is the Subnet mask of your network and the subnet mask of the Jails?

your issue is most likely that your two networks are not in the same subnet
change the IP addresses of your Jails to be in the same network as whatever machine your pinging from and you should be fine.

(i also seem to remember that jails might not be supposed to respond to pings but im not sure if that is true or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.