IPMItool duty cycle not staying

Hello All,
I have a X10SLM-F-O SuperMicro board that I've connected PWM fans to. I've followed the Kevin Horton's guide Here and I've searched both in the forums and online but I cannot find a solution. When I type in the terminal any ipmitool raw command, nothing ever "sticks". Right now in IPMI web gui, I have the fan mode set to FULL as per Kevin's instructions. So currentrly ipmitool sdr | grep FAN returns all the fans are spinning at max RPM. If I do "ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x00 0x32" or "ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x00 50" then the fans speeds drop and I can see this in ipmitool sdr. But then after about 8 seconds, the fans speed back up to 100%. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Whattteva

Wizard
Fans may be spinning back up because they are falling below low NR threshold. What are your thresholds and also what is your fan mode setting (Optimal, Full, HeavyIO, Standard)?

Fans may be spinning back up because they are falling below low NR threshold. What are your thresholds and also what is your fan mode setting (Optimal, Full, HeavyIO, Standard)?
Hello Thank you for reply.

I was able to fix the issue but I'm not sure the cause it was either 1. updating the firmware of the motherboard. It was version 1.1 or something from 2014 and I updated it to 3.38. or 2. Closing out of the IPMI web gui while also logged into the freenas webpage. If I had to guess, I think being in the Fan mode part of the IPMI web gui while trying to change this might have had something to do with it but I'm not 100%. It could have been a mixture of the 2.

Just for completion incase anyone else comes to this thread with the same issue. My low thresholds are 100, 200, 300 and upper 2100, 2200, 2300. Which is inline with the NF-A12x25 PWM noctua fans (Rotational speed (+/- 10%) 2000 RPM, Min. rotational speed @ 20% PWM (+/-20%) 450 RPM) And the Fan mode I'm currently in is Full.

Again thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't update the thread sooner but I figured it out right around when you messaged.

Thanks.