iocage jails - some post config options for templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCatalystx

Contributor
So I am in the process of writing a few templates so I can easily migrate when I decide to and to blow away and recreate jails quicker when I run into problems. I have a few friends and family setup so I figured why not, this should be quicker. A couple of quick questions:

So far I've gotten templates + scripts to do the following (on a jail by jail basis).

> Create a Jail, Update any packages, Install whats needed
> Create a user + group and set permissions for the service, enable on startup
> Few smalls things (like enabling ssh / sftp) on a per-jail basis.

However, I need help with:
> Mount a single/multiple predefined datasets.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I plan on sharing my work on github but sofar i've written a script that will pretty much setup and configure plex + plexpy or emby, ombi + radarr + sonarr, pydio or nextcloud.

Script is unique in the fact it will allow your to punch in a few settings than it does its own things (ie: you can select to have multiple related services in a single jail, multiple jails or them all on there own, because I for one like plex + plexpy in the same jail, same for radarr, sonarr, ombi), helps set sane permissions/acls for media shares so services can communicate (rather than 777, or if you have issues when using windows acls as I found out).

it also creates users on FreeNAS itself (if you want, which cannot be logged into) so when you hit top as host you can see meaning user information, or when viewing permissions/acls for shares your media has access to.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Mount a single/multiple predefined datasets.
The iocage fstab command would do this. See https://github.com/kjake/freenas-iocage-unifi for an example.
I've written a script that will pretty much setup and configure plex + plexpy
I thought I'd seen such a script from @kjake, but a quick glance at the resources area doesn't show it.
nextcloud
Bonus points if this one includes Let's Encrypt as well (I'd suggest using dehydrated or acme.sh rather than certbot).

xCatalystx

Contributor
The iocage fstab command would do this. See https://github.com/kjake/freenas-iocage-unifi for an example.
indeed iocage fstab is exactly what i am looking for. thanks for that.

Bonus points if this one includes Let's Encrypt as well (I'd suggest using dehydrated or acme.sh rather than certbot).
Currently No (as I run a reverse proxy at the firewall level) but I might add support for it anyways.

I thought I'd seen such a script from @kjake, but a quick glance at the resources area doesn't show it.
I had a look around but figured it would just be easier to write something that suited my needs and the needs of friends/fam. Also means I can somewhat standardize the configs making it a bit easier to support/troubleshoot if I need to.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I might add support for it anyways.
Since that seems to be about the biggest issue people run into in setting up Nextcloud, I'm sure it would be helpful. I have a bit of experience with dehydrated, less with acme.sh if you have questions about that process.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.