itskando

Contributor
Posted also at iocage github:

Versions:
TrueNAS 12.0
iocage 1.2

Summary:
When upgrading a jail from 12.0 to 12.2,
there appears to be an extra / in the paths.

install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/

Whether or not that is the issue, the process is missing several expected paths:

Output:
Code:
iocage upgrade <jailname> -r 12.2-RELEASE

[...]
[...]
[...]

To install the downloaded upgrades, run "/tmp/tmpsnzt7apk install".
Installing updates...
Kernel updates have been installed.  Please reboot and run
"/tmp/tmpsnzt7apk install" again to finish installing updates.
Installing updates...install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/contrib/mandoc/arch.c: No such file or directory
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/contrib/mandoc/eqn.h: No such file or directory
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/contrib/mandoc/eqn_parse.h: No such file or directory
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/contrib/mandoc/mandoc_msg.c: No such file or directory
[...]
[...] Perhaps 100 more lines of these [...]
[...]
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/usr.sbin/makefs/msdos/msdosfs_fat.c: No such file or directory
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/usr.sbin/makefs/msdos/msdosfs_lookup.c: No such file or directory
install: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/usr.sbin/makefs/msdos/msdosfsmount.h: No such file or directory
Scanning /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root/usr/share/certs/blacklisted for certificates...
Scanning /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root/usr/share/certs/trusted for certificates...
Scanning /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root/usr/local/share/certs for certificates...
find: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/share/man/mandoc.db: No such file or directory
find: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/share/openssl/man/mandoc.db: No such file or directory

Completing this upgrade requires removing old shared object files.
Please rebuild all installed 3rd party software (e.g., programs
installed from the ports tree) and then run "/tmp/tmpsnzt7apk install"
again to finish installing updates.
Installing updates...rmdir: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/stand/sparc64/zfsloader: Directory not empty
rmdir: /mnt/Lydia/iocage/jails/media/root//usr/src/stand/i386/zfsloader: Directory not empty
done.

Last edited:

itskando

Contributor
Cleaned up summary : j

Baenwort

Explorer
Confirming I have the same issue updating from 12.1-RELEASE-p10 jails to 12.2-RELEASE via the iocage upgrade command.

Whole lot of extra / in the paths throwing errors like yours above.

itskando

Contributor
It's too connect that in my github link too

Baenwort

Explorer
Have you reported this bug via the TrueNAS tracker?

itskando

Contributor
I have not — I was still trying to work out in a different article if the fault was mine for taking a jail to 12.2 in TrueNAS 12.0, especially since iocage update only takes the jail to 12.0.

Baenwort

Explorer
What did you learn? I think this is a bug in TrueNAS

Baenwort

Explorer

Baenwort

Explorer