SOLVED iocage/download has exec=off (should be on)

CrimsonWest

Cadet
Hello everyone!

I've wanted to have a NAS to call my own for years, but it wasn't a necessity for myself, but as time has gone on, and so many of my files have shown the need for reliable backup, having something with the option for data parity has recently become a priority (father passed away, videos and photos of him are precious and unreplaceable)

After many weeks of collecting hard drives and hand-me-down parts, I finally managed to get TrueNAS set up, and running.

I've worked with Windows environments for many years, but I'm by no means a power user or a savant with computers, nor have I any experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or bash kernel.

After having my server set up, and my pool created, I have issues with iocage, and I can't load plugins or create a jail.

Originally it would say that my iocage exec was set to off, so I turned it on in the options in the iocage dataset.

now all i get is

[EFAULT] Dataset "iocage/download" has exec=off (should be on)
I couldn't find anything by searching the forum, and I hope this is a simple issue that someone can direct me to fix.

(and yes, I do have the same data backed up in multiple locations, I am also hoping to set up plex so my mother, and siblings can stream the videos of dad, or whatever other family moments I host)

can anyone tell me what I've done wrong, or direct me to literature to understand whats happening? the iocage documentation explains nothing relevant to me.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try zfs set exec=on <your pool name>/iocage/download from a shell.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Also, it could be you haven't assigned an iocage pool yet. Under Jails, click the cog wheel, to choose a pool for jails and plugins. This should set all the correct properties for iocage and its daughter datasets.

CrimsonWest

Cadet
Thank you, while I had set a pool for iocage, for some reason, iocage didn't inherit properties. I did the same command for the rest of the daughter datasets, and now it's no longer giving me those problems. Thank you Samuel, you're a lifesaver.