Interfaces admin down on restart

cyrus104

Explorer
I am running a fresh install of SCALE (TrueNAS-SCALE-21.02-ALPHA.1) and no matter what I do, all of my interfaces are down after a reboot.

I have a primary 10gbe intel interface with 1 vlan configures. DHCP is only on the VLAN to prevent multiple sources of information. I have to connect through IPMI, and then up both the interface and vlan, then run dhclient on the vlan. After do that the interfaces come up and the services start.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Weird. We do have a 21.04 release happening next week if you want to re-test this after updating, otherwise go ahead and open a ticket on jira.ixsystems.com with a debug file (system -> advanced -> save debug) and we'll take a look at it.

cyrus104

Explorer
Can we get the SCALE interface a little closer to CORE, the services menu should be one layer up.

ornias

Wizard
@Kris Moore
It's not that weird, I already reported this behavior months ago, though I can't reproduce it currently after I started using loadbalancing.

I created an account but was prevented from creating a issue.
Please NEVER post public debugs, unless you are sure it's a throw-away system with no relevant personal information in it or thoroughly sanitised. (and in those cases, please try to make clear it's clean)

cyrus104

Explorer
I did a reinstall to try and isolate and fix an issues with an NFS service and this may have fixed this issue. Let me migrate some test VMs off the share and I'll try and reboot.