Intended recovery when "Verify Install" fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjc

Contributor
After doing a little manual repair due to a current bug in the beta (see https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ess-for-failed-boot-device.25086/#post-157336), Verify Install now fails with the following:

Code:
Nov 29 13:44:06 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: '/boot/zfs/zpool.cache']

I'm aware that my command-line mucking about puts me in a generally unsupported state, so I'm not hugely surprised that I'm having problems with Verify Install.

But what's the preferred repair approach? Wipe and reinstall the boot media from scratch?

rogerh

Guru
Is it worth trying a previous boot snapshot?

Reactions: pjc

pjc

Contributor
Good call. I went far enough back (2 versions) and found one that verified. Then I updated to latest from that. Still verifies happily.

S

Suraj Ravichandran

In the interest of reproducing this to make the verifier more robust and error-free could provide some feedback:-

1. What exactly did you modify on the boot device (modify files / add files / remove files).
2. How did you run the verifier (from the gui or from the command line command 'freenas-verify`).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.