Intel I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet not recognized

AyrA

Cadet
I'm trying to install TrueNAS but the network adapter is not recognized by the system. Is there any way to get this NIC working?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Please file a bug report for this and post a link here. I'm not sure what the status of the Intel drivers is, with respect to the I225, but the devs might have some insight.

AyrA

Cadet
Support for this NIC is apparently not planned (Thanks Intel!): https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-107244

It's kinda frustrating because this is the second mainboard+cpu+ram that I bought (If someone in Switzerland wants the old one you can pick it up incl. CPU and RAM. For 50 CHF. It was used for about 10 hours).

I need 3 PCIe x2 slots for the SATA controllers because the case is for 24 SATA drives (each controller has 8 ports). The first board could only utilize two PCIe slots of the 3 that are longer than x1 for some reason, and I didn't want to saw off the end of one of the x1 slots to fit one of the cards in.

This new board now seems to recognize all disks (tested with gparted, all 24 show up) but now the network is not functioning.
The last time I built a computer was when PCIe was just arriving and boards would still have more PCI than PCIe slots, so my knowledge is a bit out of date.

This leads me to the question, are there PCIe x1 NIC or USB3 NIC that work with this OS? I found this one which supposedly works (Intel 82574L chip from 2008), but it's for PCIe version 1.1. I'm not sure if this degrades the version of the SATA cards down to 1.1 too.

In case it's important, this device will be used by me only and is mostly for bulk storage and retrieval of media files.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What the hell...

This leads me to the question, are there PCIe x1 NIC or USB3 NIC that work with this OS? I found this one which supposedly works (Intel 82574L chip from 2008), but it's for PCIe version 1.1. I'm not sure if this degrades the version of the SATA cards down to 1.1 too.
That'll be fine. Other PCIe devices are unaffected, so you can't really go wrong with that one. Unlike PCI, where all devices share a physical bus, PCIe is point-to-point.