Add Intel XXV710-DA2 Network Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

snpz

Cadet
Hi!
Had Freenas 9.10 running for more than a year with two 1gbit ETH interfaces in lagg. Works perfect, but decided to move on and installed into the box Intel XXV710-DA2 Network Card (25G 2 port SFP+).
Upgraded to Freenas v11, but dont see that this NIC would be recognized by the system.
lspci shows:
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 05)
02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541PI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 05)
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 158b (rev 02)
04:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 158b (rev 02)

Not sure how to install kernel modules for this NIC, because it is not possible to install them "Intel way", cos there is no kernel source in FreeNAS.
May be there are modules and i am doing something terribly wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Martins
p.s. Used to work with linux, so im a bit confused about everything in freebsd :)

Arwen

MVP
Sorry, don't have any suggestions... other than put in a bug / feature request.

But, wow, dual 25Gigabit.

What switch?
Or do you have another 25Gbps card for direct connect(s)?
And what application(s)?

bigphil

Patron
Sent you a PM with the info you need.

snpz

Cadet
@Arwen - it's for VM snapshot storage, so 10gbit was kind of "nice to have" thing, so decided to buy this card in case after some time i decide to upgrade my brand new CRS317-1G-16S+RM.
@bigphil - you are the MAN! Thanks a lot, it worked perfect!!! Awesome! ;)

LuxTerra

Dabbler
What's the status of FreeNAS supporting this NIC? I've just grabbed one for at least 10GbE and future proofing. Not sure I want to pay for a 25GbE switch just yet.

bigphil

Patron
What's the status of FreeNAS supporting this NIC? I've just grabbed one for at least 10GbE and future proofing. Not sure I want to pay for a 25GbE switch just yet.
It's supported with the Intel ixl driver in FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.