Installing ownCloud on 32-bit FreeNAS machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmc

Cadet
Hello,
I have converted an old pc into a home server and sucessfully installed freeNAS mounting two 2TB drives in a zfs configuration with mirroring. This is my first experience exploring this type of thing and although I am a computer science major, NAS systems and storage in general were things that we sort of just brushed over (unfortunately!). In any case, I am trying to get own cloud installed in a jail on my system and the new plugin is unavailable to me due to the fact that I am running a 32-bit system. I have tried several tutorials on how to set this up and have gotten pretty far in the process before they lose me with some command line jargon or the process is set up for 64 bit systems. Specifically, I can't ever seem to start lighttpd.

Is there a simpler way to install owncloud on my system or can someone recommend a tutorial that has explanations with the commands? I would really like to use owncloud to access my server remotely and really like the sound of the functionality that it offers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N00b

Explorer
I installed ownCloud and Ajaxplorer in a PCBSD jail (which is similar if not the same as a FreeNAS jail) following the instructions in these posts, finally settling on ownCloud.

1. Ajaxplorer (1)

2. ownCloud

3. Ajaxplorer (2)

I am using Nginx though I find it a little more difficult to configure than Apache. I tried the config (conf) files given in the post but the one that worked for me well was from the ownCloud website.
Nginx Config from ownCloud Manual

I was unable to get rid of the "stuck at upgrading filesystem cache" in the latest version and I was unable to upload directories using the web interface. - see known problems. I downgraded to version 4.5 finally.

I compiled my own packages as given in the instructions.

jonmc

Cadet
I installed ownCloud and Ajaxplorer in a PCBSD jail (which is similar if not the same as a FreeNAS jail) following the instructions in these posts, finally settling on ownCloud.

1. Ajaxplorer (1)

2. ownCloud

3. Ajaxplorer (2)

I am using Nginx though I find it a little more difficult to configure than Apache. I tried the config (conf) files given in the post but the one that worked for me well was from the ownCloud website.
Nginx Config from ownCloud Manual

I was unable to get rid of the "stuck at upgrading filesystem cache" in the latest version and I was unable to upload directories using the web interface. - see known problems. I downgraded to version 4.5 finally.

I compiled my own packages as given in the instructions.

Thanks Noob,

I am currently struggling through the first Ajaxexplorer guide that you sent me now. Will post as soon as I am done.

Status
Not open for further replies.