Install FreeNas on NVR

Draugar

Cadet
Hello,
I am an intern in a security company,
I have a NVR that we don't use, and that has a 1TB disk. I was wondering if it would be possible to configure this disk as a NAS.
Thank you for your answer,
I remain at your disposal if you want more information

jgreco

Resident Grinch
A NVR is a specialized version of a NAS. However, unless the NVR is a very beefy one, based on Intel, with 16GB of RAM or more, it is unlikely to be compatible with FreeNAS/TrueNAS. A single disk does not offer redundancy in any case.

Most common NVR's such as the Hikvisions seem to be based off a small ARM(?) embedded CPU and are going to be more similar to a Raspberry Pi. You might have better luck loading a standard FreeBSD or Linux OS onto the NVR and then configuring filesharing manually.

Draugar

Cadet
A NVR is a specialized version of a NAS. However, unless the NVR is a very beefy one, based on Intel, with 16GB of RAM or more, it is unlikely to be compatible with FreeNAS/TrueNAS. A single disk does not offer redundancy in any case.

Most common NVR's such as the Hikvisions seem to be based off a small ARM(?) embedded CPU and are going to be more similar to a Raspberry Pi. You might have better luck loading a standard FreeBSD or Linux OS onto the NVR and then configuring filesharing manually.
ty for your reply