Install completed but Webpage looks broke - img attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

delecti

Cadet
After this istall onto a 4gb flash this is what my webserver looks like:

delete1.jpg

I have installed multiple times, tried a new download, burned new disks.. my other freenas box never had such an issue.
-but this is also the first time i have intalled on a real server. hp dl380

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Do you have an addon like noscript running? If you have scripts blocked that is why you are seeing what you are. Other than that, I don't have any good ideas.

delecti

Cadet
resolved this issue by:

Do you have an addon like noscript running? If you have scripts blocked that is why you are seeing what you are. Other than that, I don't have any good ideas.

Grzybowski gave me the command:
/etc/rc.d/ix-nginx start
start

Now i just need what file to add this to so it runs upon boot. As far as i know, no scripts are running. This was a fresh install & nothing else was added

chucktryon

Dabbler
This is not exactly a "fix" yet, but I learned a workaround on the freenode Web forum

# rm /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf*
# service ix-nginx start
# nginx

Apparently there is something screwed up in the conf files, so you have to remove them first, and THEN restart the nginx process.

NOTE that the service start command returns "Failed", but this is OK. After you get this, run the nginx command (no response on the command line), and the Web GUI should be working.

NOTE I haven't tested this yet, but you will probably need to re-run these commands any time you restart the system, until the FreeNAS people come out with an update.

Not exactly an optimal fix, but at least it gets you back up and running... :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.