Install 8.0.4p1 x64 on Dell R515

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc_pong

Cadet
Hi,

I just installed 8.0.4p1 x64 on a Dell R515. There are 10 SATA HDDs on the PERC H200 but after booted up, I can only see 6 drives. The last 4 HDDs appeared under both BIOS and boot loader. But once I boot into FreeNAS, they disappeared.

The PERC H200 comes with the lastest Dell IR firmware. I think there are people mentioned if flashed with LSI IT firmware it'll work as JBOD. However, I am trying to avoid flashing firmware on the HBA as the R515 may detect it as non-Dell HW and give me other problems. R515 also has the latest BIOS loaded.

Will installing 8.2.0BETA help? Your help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

Brad303

Dabbler
by loading the LSI 9211-8i driver.

We're having the same problem. Did you mean that you loaded the LSI 9211-8i firmware or driver? If the firmware, which version did you use? And you mean the driver, isn't it the regular mps driver?

Thanks.

roc_pong

Cadet
We're having the same problem. Did you mean that you loaded the LSI 9211-8i firmware or driver? If the firmware, which version did you use? And you mean the driver, isn't it the regular mps driver?

Thanks.

Driver. I didn't want to mess with Dell's firmware. I had to use mpslsi.ko downloaded from LSI site to get it working. Had to modify loader.conf for the driver as well. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.