.ini files show up on SMB shares

Agent92

Explorer
After moving my desktop folder to a SMB share I noticed that the desktop.ini file showed up. I have in Windows activated "hide protected operation system files" so that's why I didn't see it before. But why would it show up when I moved it to the SMB share? Can I hide it again?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
After moving my desktop folder to a SMB share I noticed that the desktop.ini file showed up. I have in Windows activated "hide protected operation system files" so that's why I didn't see it before. But why would it show up when I moved it to the SMB share? Can I hide it again?
Have you disable DOS attributes in your SMB config?

Agent92

Explorer
Haven't enabled or disabled it. Doesn't seem to be a gui option for it, checked both the SMB service config and the SMB share config.

Agent92

Explorer
I have the streams_xattr, and ixnas vfs objects enabled. From what I understand from the documentation ixnas should enable dos attributes?

> Experimental object to improve ACL compatibility with Windows, store DOS attributes as file flags

Agent92

Explorer
I activated viewing of hidden files and then another desktop.ini showed up that is actually hidden. So it seems like the hidden attribute didn't survive the copy from my local machine to the NAS.

Agent92

Explorer
Seems to be a permission issue with my dataset. I created a new dataset and copied over another folder that has a hidden folder and that file stayed hidden after being copied. Consider this solved.